Welcome Friends

This is a blog from a young, artistic woman that loves the city that produced her! If you are into Positivity & Forward Progress then...WELCOME Again...for YOU are in the right place!

Monday, August 15, 2011

BOOMERANG EFFECT TO FINDING MY WAY HOME

Greetings All! It's your resident Detroit Girl, Tracie E. Christian here to bring you the Good word in Artistry the way I see it. I know it has been a minute since my last blog but busy is an understatement to describe what my life has been like these last few months. However, in spite of the artistic work of the Live Ladies of Literature & T Elice the B-Side DJ being hard, it's the hardest work that has provided me with the most fun I have ever had in my life. Ironically, out of all the things I have accomplished since pairing up with my Wonder Twin/Sister-Friend, Adra Young, I would be lying if I said that I never fantasized about the magical moments like the ones I have experienced as of late. For me, those moments were very much like dejavu. You see, up until lately, I only got to experience magical moments in artistry in my dreams. Now I find that even when you have lost sight and faith in your gifts, God has a way of making desires boomerang back into your existence with the sole purpose of leading you right back to your dreams. Let me explain.

One example is writing for me. Being an only child, I have always had a knack for entertaining myself. Coupled with my vivid imagination, my little bossy behind always had a lot to say. Ever since I could talk words rarely failed this sister here. In grade school I got decent grades but two's in citizenship for talking my  head off in class. When I wanted to stay out of my Mommy's doghouse, I started writing. I used to write detailed stories chronicling the adventures of me and my friends. I even used to draw pictures to go with the stories. Then, when I told the friends in my world that I loved to write stories and even poetry from time to time, to them, it wasn't all that cool. Now we all know that all an ONLY CHILD ever wants is to be COOL and ACCEPTED among their peers, no matter how silly and hater-ish they are at the time. So I abandoned my silent pastime for the popular stuff, i.e. band, dance and choir all through high school and beyond. Now years later, I am a Published Author, Poet and Co-Founder of an artistic movement created with the sole purpose of uniting budding artists that were or are like me, who need the creative connections in order to be whole. Can we say BOING!!! That's the Boomerang Effect!

God has a way of bouncing you back to what you were always supposed to do anyway. No matter how you try to slide, trip and dodge it, oftentimes it is so much bigger than the elements we try to avoid. It happened to me in radio, cause I ran from it in college due to low self-esteem. Also in poetry because my reciting skills were not up to the level of many performance poets I'd seen in the past. Then again, I ran from my knack of public speaking when I left Detroit Public Schools. Yet without much warning, I now find myself Co-Hosting the MIXX TV (after producing my own radio show). I have performed poetry successfully from crowded clubs and slams to the infamous Baker's Keyboard Lounge stage in Detroit. Lastly, I am happy to flex my Public Speaking abilities doing literary & black college workshops and Hosting, Directing & Writing Monologue shows even in spite of running from it all like the lack plaque at first! BOING again...these are ALL examples of my Boomerang effect!

Know that I am not just speaking of what I've heard, I am confessing what I know. I bet if you look back over your life, you too can think of elements of yourself that you've avoided or even tried to ignore, only to be brought right back to it later on in life...and that's okay.  I guess that's why the Boomerang effect exists. Maybe it's God's way of reminding us of the BEST in US...so when we ask for a blessing, an inner stregnth is displayed to remind us how GOOD we really are! I say all this to help you get to the BETTER YOU! I had someone help me so I am reaching out to help another. After all turn about is always fair play so, Embrace the BOOMERANGS of Life...for they may be bouncing YOU back to the very best parts of YOU that you never knew!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I hear you Tracie. I do feel like our childhood passions are the essence of who we are and what we should be doing. When we try to get more "grown" we lose sight of following our passions and follow our fears. Meaning that we let our fear of not fitting in or not making a decent income drive us into things we're not truly passionate about. So I feel you Tracie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryant is right to echo Poe when he wrote (in his poem, Alone):

    From childhood's hour I have not been
    As others were — I have not seen
    As others saw — I could not bring
    My passions from a common spring...

    Anywho..we ridin' witchoo T Dubb. LLOL Forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep following your dreams...I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank For taking the time to comment on this blog. YOU are appreciated.